Corliss Management Group provides development services, property management, and estate and tax management for the Corliss umbrella holdings, including oversight of Corliss Resources INC, a sand, gravel, and concrete producer. Corliss manages 1,600 acres of land in Pierce and King County, including mineral resources, the Sunrise master planned community in South Hill, WA, self-storage operations, commercial/retail buildings, and light industrial properties.
Location: Lake Tapps, WA
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Position Type: Full-time, exempt
To apply, please send resumes to Shawnaw@corlissco.com
Duties and Objectives:
- Treasury management
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Build relationships with current and potential lenders and act as the conduit and representative on financing endeavors.
- Monitor debt instruments held by the company, evaluating and making recommendations on refinancing opportunities when appropriate.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Reporting and budgeting
- Develop monthly/quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to support business leadership.
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the production of timely financial reporting
- Lead, coach, develop, and manage accounting Controllers.
- Oversee accounting functions and reporting.
- Financial analysis
- Serve as a financial adviser on contracts which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate current and potential capital expenditures.
- Conduct business analysis on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models and report to various groups within the company.
- Work with real estate group to identify acquisition and investment opportunities. Develop proformas and prospectuses as part of the investment offering process to raise funds with investors.
- Tax, estate, and risk mitigation planning
- Act as a liaison with CPA firm on corporate and estate tax planning, compliance and communication.
- Coordinate with CPA firm for tax planning, compliance and communication.
- Ensure proper administration of family trusts in accordance with IRS regulations and industry best practices.
- Stay apprised of financial laws and trends that could affect the company and keep management educated and informed.
- Work with team to procure and maintain property and casualty insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge and experience evaluating capital investment alternatives and strategies utilizing net present value and internal rate of return concepts.
- Proven working experience in financial analysis and strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- Well-versed in GAAP and pertinent tax principles
Corliss offers a great benefits package with paid time off, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, an opportunity to participate in and HSA or FSA, company provided life with option to purchase additional voluntary life insurance, 401k retirement with an employer contribution for all eligible employees, employee discounts, and more.
To apply, please send resume to Shawnaw@corlissco.com
Corliss Management Group is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this Company depends solely on your qualifications.